POSITION OBJECTIVE – Describe general objectives. Include the purpose of the position, expected outcomes and results, and overview of areas of accountability.
Teach Humanities, as highly qualified teacher, to diverse secondary students, following DPS content based standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Describe each of the basic functions and responsibilities of the job.
• Counsel students to encourage and support student achievement.
• Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior assigned students; and reinforces positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
• Observe, evaluate, report and record students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Prepare lesson plans and materials according to curriculum guidelines.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods (e.g., lectures, technology, discussions).
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects to students.
• Prepare, administer, assign and grade tests and assignments to evaluate student progress, reporting grades using District software.
• Prepare student, attendance and activity reports as required by administrators.
• Communicate with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
• Perform other duties as assigned.; Position will be active from 11/4/11 to end of school year with the expectation that candidate may be asked to re-interview for the position during hiring cycle for 2012-2013 school year.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE – Describe the minimum education and experience required for the job. Any equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfies the requirements of the job may be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field.
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION – Include licensure and certification requirements, if applicable.
• Current Colorado Department of Education Teachers License with endorsement in Language Arts, or qualify for Alternative License and have the qualifications needed for the position, and qualified as a District Facilitator.